Friday, October 2, 2009

Schwarzenegger's Apology

Tommy Chu
Miss Kim
English 10
2 October 2009

The background of Arnold Schwarzenegger's speech is that he was accused of touching six women in a sexual manner without their consent. Schwarzenegger says he had behaved. He says that he did things that he thought was playful when he was on movie sets. He apologizes to the people that were offended by his actions. His argument is that he says he doesn't remember the things he had done and that those accusations were lies.

"So I want to say to you, yes, I have behaved badly sometimes. Yes, it is true that I was on rowdy movies sets, and I have done things that were not right, which I thought then was playful. But now I recognize that I have offended people. And to those people that i have offended, I want to say to them, I am deeply sorry about that, and I apologize." (Schwarzenegger 4). He says how he's sorry for his actions . He admits that he made a mistake. He thought what he did was for fun, but he realizes that he was wrong and apologizes. He uses the word "deeply" to make his apology more sympathetic.

Schwarzenegger does not have good ethos to me because I don't think he is really telling the truth. He's just giving a fake apology just to make people not think of him as a bad person. But that doesn't mean other people won't believe him. They might actually believe he is sorry. To me, his speech isn't that believable because after he apologizes, later on in another interview, he says he doesn't remember the things he did and that most of the accusations aren't true.

3 comments:

  1. I would suggest that you add more biographical info about the Govenator's film careerto start with. In the second pargraph expand on why the quote explains logos.Watch the capitilization on the possesive I's. Otherwise good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 MLA heading check
    2 Decent tiltle could be better
    3 As I said before add more Bio info
    4 Quote is cited correctly. Expand on explaination
    5 Expand on your Ethos explaination
    6 Watch your possesive I's

    ReplyDelete