Thursday, October 29, 2009

9-11-2012

It was September 11, 2012, when it all began. It was 9:11 AM when I woke up. With a tired look, I struggled to get up. I opened the curtains and looked out. Surprisingly, it was still dark out. I went outside and found out that the darkness was caused by a thick fog. The fog prevented me from seeing anything. I couldn't even see the door, even though I was only three feet away from it.

When I went back in the house, i heard my phone ringing. I went to go answer it,
"Hello?"
"Hello? Tommy!? Hey it's Joseph!" he yelled.
"I-I-I just saw this thing, something!"
"What? Calm down Joseph." I said.
He wouldn't stop screaming into the phone. I couldn't understand anything he was saying. Until he started to calm down.
"I just saw the craziest thing ever!" he said, sounding scared.
"What was it?"
"It was a...."

The call ended. The phone had turned off. I tried to turn it back on, but as soon as it turned on it turned back off because the batteries were dead.I went to go charge the phone, but suddenly, the room had gotten brighter. Just as I was about to turn around and look outside, I heard a knock on the door.

My dog started barking, barking, and barking. As I ignored the dog, I went to go answered the door. I opened it and saw David. He had a basketball in his hands.
"Hey, wanna go to the park?"
"Sure, I guess..." I replied.

We began walking to Northridge park and i had noticed that the fog was gone. I was about to ask David about the fog, but i remembered what Joseph said, or what he was about to say. I asked David,
"Hey can i use your phone, I need to call Joseph."
He reached into his pocket,
"Uh...crap. I forgot to bring it. Sorry. But I have my camera though."
"Whatever, it was probably something stupid. Why do you have your camera?"
He looked embarrassed and said,
"Well... when I left my house, I was rushing and I guess I accidentally grabbed my camera instead of my phone..."
I didn't say anything back. Instead, I just laughed.

As we walked to the gate, I saw my sister. As soon as she saw me, she ran towards me.
"Tommy! You won't believe it! I just saw a UFO!" she yelled.
"What? What do you mean?" I asked.
"I-I um... just get to the house and stay there!"
I told her to go first. Without any hesitation, she just ran towards the house. I looked at David,
"You still wanna go?"
"Uh... yeah."
We both laughed and continued walking to the park.

As we were walking, I thought to myself about what my sister said. I thought she was lying to me, but it isn't like her to joke about random things, especially something as random as a UFO. When we were about a block away from the park, we saw something straight ahead. It was a fog. It was weird to see the fog in just one area. After about nine minutes, we got to the park. We noticed that there was no one here. It was like a ghost town.

We went to the court and started taking some jump shots, or at least I was. David couldn't get any rebounds from my missed shots. After a couple of minutes, we started a 1 on 1 game. David had the ball and he said while dribbling,
"Watch me go Kobe on you."
"Bring it on."
He ran towards the basket to make a lay-up but i blocked his shot as soon as he took off from the ground. The ball got knocked away out of the court. I went to go get it, but as I walked towards the ball, I saw the fog again, except this time, it was closer. It was only ten feet away from me. I saw the fog getting closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment